Incredible Value from the ATH-M50x Headphones
Looking for amazing value in professional monitor headphones? Sweetwater has a great suggestion: ATH-M50x closed-back headphones. A-T’s flagship M series ’phones are best sellers, featuring 45mm neodymium magnet drivers that deliver the accurate frequency response and stunning detail you need to make sound decisions when you’re recording, mixing, or DJing. The closed-back design gives you superior isolation with minimal bleed, while the circumaural earpads give you cushy comfort during long sessions. Factor in their space-saving collapsible design, swivel earcups, and detachable (both straight and coiled) cables, and you have a winner. Consider the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones today for your studio or casual listening.
Closed-back vs. open-back headphones
Sometimes referred to as simply “closed” and “open,” this distinction addresses the design of the part of the headphone that covers the area behind the driver in a straight line away from the side of your head. Closed-back headphones like the ATH-M50x prevent sound from escaping and leaking into your microphone. The downside of this design is that it traps pressure inside the headphone, which creates false low frequencies. Open-back headphones, on the other hand, don’t suffer from this issue. They deliver outstanding accuracy and clarity that are suitable for critical listening.
Circumaural vs. supra-aural headphones
In layman’s terms, these words simply mean “over ear” (circumaural) and “on ear” (supra-aural). In the case of headphones, this refers to the design of the earcup, which is the cushion that sits between the headphone’s speakers (drivers) and your ear. Supra-aural headphones are rarely used for professional applications; although, they’re great for casual listening — especially if you need to be aware of what’s going on around you. On the other hand, over-ear headphones such as the ATH-M50x offer excellent attenuation of external noise.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Features:
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance and build quality
- A favorite of top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- 15Hz–28kHz frequency response
- 45mm drivers with rare-earth neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for flat response and superior accuracy across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy 1-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband materials give you comfort and durability
- Collapsible design gives you space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (3.9–9.8-foot coiled cable, 3.9-foot straight cable, and 9.8-foot straight cable)
- A top choice for tracking, mixing, DJ monitoring, and personal listening
- Includes carrying pouch and 1/4-inch screw-on adapter