Limited-edition Jared James Nichols Signature Combo Amp!
Hard-hitting blues rocker Jared James Nichols is continuing his collaboration with Blackstar with the Jared James Signature 20 Combo Amp. Nichols has been a Blackstar devotee going on a decade now, and just like his blistering blues style, it only seems to be heating up. This incredible combo delivers a wide array of tones from pristine cleans to high-gain growl, and everything in between. With two channels, four voices, and Blackstar’s patented Infinite Shape Feature, the Signature 20 has the kind of range in tone-shaping that lets you explore your own style. A volume-heavy Celestion G12T-75 speaker delivers the classic big sound it is known for. This killer combo also has an array of player-friendly features, including onboard reverb, a power reduction circuit, and a speaker-emulated output. The Signature 20 is not just built for sound, but for the stage as well, with a captivating green Tolex and a tan basketweave grill cloth on the front of the cab.
Power-heavy with wide range of tonal falvors
Two EL84 tubes in the Signature 20 generate sweet-sounding cleans, high-gain grind, and all the tones in between —everything Jared relies on for his high-energy performances. Its clean channel starts with an American sound — bright, tight tone with solid bass response. Hit the Voice button, and the amp delivers a chiming British clean tone with a looser, resonant low-end that morphs into a mid-range overdrive when pushed. The JJN-20R MkII’s BLUESPOWER overdrive channel starts with a crunchy British-sounding overdrive (the guitarists here at Sweetwater love how this sound cleans up with a guitar’s volume knob). Press the Voice button, and you’ll experience Blackstar’s acclaimed HT Venue MkII high-gain sound — aggressive grind with a tight, resonant low end. A convenient Power Reduction feature also lets you jump from 20W to 2W — ideal for practice sessions at home.
Patented Infinite Shape Feature
The Blackstar JJN-20R MkII combo amp is packed with a massive variety of tube tone, by virtue of Blackstar’s Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). This exclusive feature shifts the EQ curves of the amplifier’s Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. When turned fully counterclockwise, you’ll lend an American characteristic to your tone with a tight bottom end and aggressive middle. Turned all the way to the right, you’ll enjoy more of a British vibe.
Blackstar Jared James Nichols Signature 20 Combo Amplifier Features:
- 20-watt combo amp built to the specifications of acclaimed blues rocker Jared James Nichols
- 2 footswitchable channels with voicing switches deliver tonal flexibility
- Clean channel delivers everything from a bright, tight American sound to a chiming British clean tone
- BLUESPOWER overdrive channel yields everything from crunchy British overdrive to Blackstar’s acclaimed HT Venue MkII high-gain sound
- Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) dials in everything from American to British high-gain tones
- Power reduction circuit takes your wattage down to a bedroom-friendly 2 watts
- Speaker-emulated output with 1 x 12″ and 4 x 12″ options for recording or running straight to a PA
- Effects loop with Loop Level switch makes integrating your pedalboard and other effects easy
- USB audio output makes recording easy
- Eye-catching racing green Tolex finish