Dynaudio BM15A 2-Way Active Monitor at a Glance:
- Flawless performance from 100% custom-designed and built drivers, cabinets and electronics
- Clear, live bass from 10″ woofer that outperforms most 12″ drivers
- Even, peak-free response from silk dome tweeter
- Master-built bass reflex cabinet optimizes low frequency response
- Dual discrete MOSFET amplifiers and precision electronics power the cleanest possible signal
100% custom-designed and built drivers, cabinets and electronics
Like all Dynaudio monitors, the BM15A is completely custom-designed and built to assure a perfect match of components. The drivers are specifically designed to avoid acoustic and performance problems that would require extensive manipulation of crossovers to correct. The cabinets are crafted in Dynaudio’s Denmark facility and minimize resonance while enhancing bass response. And the BM15A’s crossovers, protection circuitry and power amplifiers all are optimized for maximum performance, phase-coherent reproduction and high SPLs.
A 10″ woofer that outperforms most 12″ drivers
Key to the BM15A is its 10″ low frequency driver. Dynaudio molds its cone of Magnesium Silicate Polymer with their special “flat cone” geometry for outstanding transient response and minimal breakup. With a cast aluminum frame, oversized vented magnet and 4″ aluminium alloy voice coil this driver outperforms most 12″ speakers in terms of power output and sheer punch. In fact, the BM15A delivers clean, tight bass response down to 30Hz.
Even, peak-free response from silk dome tweeter
The BM15A’s ESOTEC high frequency driver spells quality and headroom due to a dynamic headroom of 1000 watts. Its soft dome of specially coated silk provides excellent response with no ringing or resonances.
Master-built bass reflex cabinet
Also built in Dynaudio’s plant, the BM15A enclosure is constructed of hand-selected premium woods and quality veneers. Its front bass port contributes to the BM15A’s solid low frequencies. Radius edges on the front baffle reduce boundary effects and improve the overall sound quality. And with its elegant matte finish the BM15A looks every bit as good as it sounds!
Precision electronics for the cleanest possible signal
Thanks to its custom-designed phase-coherent electronic crossover with a 30dB per octave slope the BM15A offers a seamless transition between drivers. You’ve got plenty of power from the built-in high performance discrete MOSFET amplifiers, with 200 watts for the low frequency driver and 100 watts for highs. Precision protection circuitry ensures the drivers are safe from damage. If you demand ultimate quality in sound reproduction you don’t want to miss the BM15A!
Dynaudio BM15A 2-Way Active Monitor Features:
- Active nearfield monitor with 10″ woofer and 1.1″ silk dome tweeter
- Frequency response 40Hz – 22kHz (+/- 3 dB)
- Maximum SPL at 1 meter, pair (IEC Long Term) – 124 dB RMS
- Maximum SPL at 2 meters, 5.1 (IEC Long Term) – 125.5 dB RMS
- Amplifier power – Tweeter: 100 W / Woofer: 200 W
- Bass reflex cabinet with radius edges on front baffle
- Esotec tweeter with soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid cooled
- One-piece molded polypropylene cone woofer with 4″ pure aluminum wire voice coil
- 17.9″ h x 15.2″ w x 11.4″ d
The Dynaudio BM15A 2-Way Active Monitor delivers no-compromise sound!