The Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 is the compact studio solution you’ve been looking for, allowing you to keep all your hardware plugged in and ready to go: set up mics, guitars and synths to start creating as soon as inspiration strikes. With improved A-D and D-A conversion, your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz and two independent high-fidelity headphone outputs with dedicated volume control enable flexible monitoring during recording and mixing.
Get a closer look at the Scarlett 8i6 in this video from Focusrite:
The 8i6 provides two of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound.
Record guitars or bass via the two high-headroom instrument inputs without any clipping or unwanted distortion. And get creative using the six flexible line inputs — two on the front with gain control, and four fixed-line on the back allowing you to record up to six mono or three stereo line-level sources such as synthesisers or drum machines.
A pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels — making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
Ready to Go
Scarlett 8i6 is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac or PC via USB cable.
All the tools you need to start recording right, now
There’s no better way to step into studio recording your Scarlett interface comes with some of the best loved tools in the business, including Hitmaker Expansion, with exclusive content from legendary Auto-Tune creators Antares, along with Brainworx, Softube, XLN Audio, Relab and more.
– Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
– Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
– Six balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines, and other line-level sources
– High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
– Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals or other outboard gear
– Ableton Live Lite: The iconic DAW gives you everything you need to get started including instruments, effects and Live’s trademark clip and scene launching for taking ideas further or performance.
– Splice Sounds: Three months Splice Sounds membership with new Splice accounts — offering millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily.
– Three Month Avid Pro Tools Artist subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle: A three-month subscription to Avid Pro Tools Artist and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, with a 25% discount on Avid Pro Tools Artist after the subscription period, or a 33% discount on Avid Pro Tools Studio.
– Landr Studio, plus five free masters: Produce and release your best work with two months’ access to Landr Studio, as well as five free masters you can use even when your two-month subscription is over.
Hitmaker Expansion Plug-ins Included:
– Antares Auto-Tune Access: For everything from natural sounding, near-real-time pitch adjustment for getting the best vocal takes, to lightning-fast hip-hop-inspired pitching for adding a whole new sound to your tracks.
– Relab’s LX480 Essentials: Get four reverbs, modelled on The Hit Factory NYC’s reverb unit, and used on countless hits. LX480 Essentials gives you the sounds of a studio which has played host to names from Springsteen, the Stones and Kool and the Gang, to The Weeknd, Pharell, Katy Perry, and everyone in between.
– Softube Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555: The modern evolution of the iconic JCM800, brought to you by analogue-modelling experts Softube. The Silver Jubilee offers everything from warm cleans, through classic crunch, and up to modern high gain tube amp sounds.
– XLN Audio Addictive Keys: Add beautifully captured piano to your tracks with the choice of one of four professional-sounding models from Steinway, Yamaha and the classic Rhodes. Plug in your MIDI controller and play; instantly be transported to a professional recording studio set up to capture one of these beautiful pianos — right from your studio.
– XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock: Add the sounds of a pro drummer to your songs easily. Featuring expertly captured samples from a high-end Tama and Pearl drums, and Paiste and Sabian cymbals, recorded at Decibel Studios in Stockholm.
– Brainworx Bx_console Focusrite SC: Add the preamps that made Focusrite what they are today to your music. No other plug-in offers the unique character of the iconic large format console, with ISA 110 preamps — the origin of the famous ‘Air’ still heard on Focusrite interfaces today. Bx_console Focusrite SC is a full channel strip, offering EQ, de-esser, compressor, limiter, gate and expander.
– Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite: Featuring a pair of meticulously captured digital models of the truly iconic EQ and Compressors which have made the Focusrite name a staple in world-class facilities across the globe. If you’ve kept up with major releases over the last 30 years, you’ve heard Red 2 and 3.