Experience Extreme Sonic Versatility
Amplifier emulation without digital modeling?
It’s true, the Black Spirit 200 Combo can re-create practically any iconic amplifier without ever digitizing your signal. It’s called the Spirit Tone Generator, and it actually re-creates famous amp topologies by switching around analog components. Tubes get all the glory, but every component in a tube amplifier plays a huge role in the final sound, and the Black Spirit 200 Combo’s Spirit Tone Generator switches in whichever components are necessary to achieve the sound of classic amps.
Four independent channels can save and recall up to 128 presets
The four channels on the Black Spirit 200 Combo — Clean, Crunch, Lead, and Ultra — offer a sonic range from classic cleans to modern high-gain metal. Every knob setting on the Black Spirit 200 Combo can be saved to one of 128 preset locations for instant recall — you can even save your favorite tone settings to the Black Spirit iPad app for further tweaking. Additionally, each channel has its own boost switch, and each has its own sonic character.
Built-in sag control
Many players love to buy amplifiers for the way that they sag and compress when you hit them hard with your guitar signal. The Black Spirit 200 Combo is one of the first amplifiers we’ve seen at Sweetwater to offer a built-in sag control to fine-tune this crucial aspect of your amp’s response. The Black Spirit 200 Combo faithfully re-creates the feel and sound of a real tube amp recovering from a big drop in voltage, and you’re in control over how it responds.
Celestion Creamback speaker delivers classic British tone
The Black Spirit 200 Combo comes with a 12-inch Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speaker. Celestion speakers are a staple of modern music. Starting in the 1960s, they helped define generations of guitar tone. The G12H-75 delivers classic British tone with incredible punch, firm bass, and a sweet top end. Featuring a heavier magnet than the original G12M Greenback, the G12H redefines the sound of modern rock guitar, injecting the Black Spirit 200 Combo with thick, syrupy tones and extra-deep bottom-end growl.
Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 Combo Features:
- 200-watt, 4-channel 1 x 12-inch guitar combo amplifier
- 12-inch Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speaker yields classic British tone
- Spirit Tone Generator re-creates 60-years’ worth of iconic amp tones
- The first amplifier with a sag control for fine-tuning tube-like compression
- Clean, Crunch, Lead, and Ultra channels cover the range from squeaky clean to modern high-gain metal
- Epic tone at any volume level and with any speaker cabinet from the bedroom to the arena
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity for iPad app and audio streaming
- Built-in Red Box AE+ DI output for realistic cabinet tone (8 models) direct to a mixing board or audio interface
- Amp settings can be saved to 128 preset locations for instant recall
- Speaker output can be switched between guitar speaker mode for a traditional cab and FRFR mode for a full-range, flat-response cab
- Runs reliably on power anywhere from 100V to 240V without affecting the tone
- Optional FSM-432 MKIII MIDI board is available for comprehensive amp control and preset recall (sold separately)
- Adjust your headroom and sonic impact with switchable 200-watt, 20-watt, and 2-watt power modes
- Built-in reverb, delay, and modulation effects